Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Harder than childbirth...

In my opinion, dropping your baby off at Day Care for the first time is harder than giving birth. ..no joke! A different kind of hard, but hard nonetheless. I had no idea of, and could not have prepared for the mental and emotional breakdown I had when I left Zack today at his new day care.

From Zack's perspective:
It was business as usual this morning...a bottle with Dad and playtime in the crib but Mom was acting a little strange, she didn't give me my morning cuddle time, instead she was on the treadmill, showering, and getting dressed up. It was fine with me, gave me more time to talk to my toys in the crib. But, before I knew it, we were in the car and off to somewhere new. This place was AMAZING. There were 4 girls there that wanted to talk to me, play with me, hold me, and teach me new things. I didn't even notice when mom left me there...she tried to say good-bye but I wasn't paying attention. I had already found a firetruck that I could honk the horn on! The day was great...I have never played with so many toys. I ate well, smiled lots and giggled for the girls. We took a walk, I took a couple of naps (one in the stroller and one in the swing) and I got to play with 4 other little kids like me. Some were crawling and I thought that was really cool. I spent alot of time watching the other kids and taking it all in. I was having such a good time but then Mom came and took me awy from my new friends. I hope I can go back tomorrow!

From my perspective:
OMG, that's the alarm, here we go! Bottles are ready (check!), Zack is fed (check), Zack is dressed (check), 2 extra outfits packed for my little drooler (check!), quick workout, shower, dressed, coffee, and out the door. Thoughts on the way to the daycare: This isn't that bad...we can totally do this! Zack is going to love his new daycare. It's so nice that he gets to socialize with other kids...And then we got there....I LOST IT like you would not believe. Zack went into the playroom with the biggest smile on his face. I watched him giggling as he was honking the horn on the firetruck and I STILL LOST IT! I knew he was in good hands, I knew he was going to have fun, I knew he would be FINE... He is the happiest and most social child I know...but I just felt so sad and so empty as I walked away. I surely hope it gets easier because if every morning is like this, we will definitely need stock in kleenex and waterproof mascara... :-(

Tomorrow is another day...wish us luck!

6 comments:

Misty said...

I am proud of you for not turning around and walking out with your child, calling Jeff and telling him that you are quitting your job!! I hope you got some good wine in last night. I think we are having the bottle you gave us tonight :)

Huse Yo Mama said...

I can't imagine, girl! I dropped Lorelai off for the first time at Mother's Day Out yesterday and that was only for five hours - once a week!

I'll pray for the strength for you. At least you know he's in good hands!

Anonymous said...

just make sure you get the ones with aloe and vitamin e so your nose doesn't hurt....: )

KDoug said...

Like I said on the phone - that means you're a good mom. You're supposed to cry and miss your little guy. If you walked away without any emotions then I would think something was wrong. I'm sure the 2nd day got better. Each day will get easier and each moment you do get to spend with Zack will be priceless. You won't take any moments for granted and will look forward to spending time with your kid instead of wanting to get away from him becuase you're with him all the time.

You're going to be a great working Mom!

S said...

Aw Jessie, I know how hard it is, but it does get easier. Kelly said it best, your time with him with be more about quality now.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Just got your site from your Dad! Is Zack the cutest little guy!!! Congratulations! I'll bet you're appreciating your Mom lots more these days, since becoming a Mother!
There's a wonderful quote by Elizabeth Stone: "Making the decision to have child -it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
I guess sort-of how you feel when you take him to daycare for the 1st time.
You are a wonderful Mommy to your little son! You're in the memory-making business now!
Love, Adriana (remember me?)