Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Zack Invades Sonoma

It's been a while since we let the little guy go up to wine country. Something about a fully mobile baby crawling around tasting rooms just doesn't sound like a good idea. With Abby and Curti in town, we had an excuse to go to wine country...again. So we did what any responsible parent would and looked up "family friendly wineries" on Google. Surprisingly, there seem to be a lot of options.

We decided to hit Cline (www.clinecellars.com) and Larson Family Winery (www.larsonfamilywinery.com). Cline was 1st and when we pulled up, we weren't sure what we got into. Definitely not the Ledson or Hall experience, and certainly not the debacle that our semi-annual Silver Oak release parties become. While everyone tasted, I took Zack around to see all the animals. After having a snack and bottle outside, we headed down the road to Larson.

We have a new favorite place to go. There were a bunch of other kids there, "Billy the Black Crab," "Henry the Hermit Crab," some beefy girl that Zack had to teach a lesson, and some infants too. Add to that the 3 labs on the property (they had the whole set of colors), toys, picnic tables, and yard, and the place is perfect for kids. For the adults, the wine is pretty decent, the staff is super friendly, and there's bocce. For any freaks out there, you can check out the pygmy goats.

Here are the pics of Zack in his new happy place.

"Are we there yet?"


Cline Cellars tasting room


"It seems old people celebrate some guy Patrick and get drunk. I don't get it."


"You guys keep drinking the wine, I'll just eat this crayon."


"Still wine tasting? I'll go play with this doggie."


"I like the grass."


"Oh, what's this?"


"I want to play with the car more."


"This chick is crazy if she thinks she's going to take my car. I don't care how old she is."


"She thinks my tractor's sexy."


"Yeah, you know it's true girls."


"John Deere ride for Daddy."


"Holy crap, what do you weigh Dad?"


"It's windy here. Give me that wine Mommy."


"Hold on, is this my Sierra?"


"I loved this place!"


...and in case anyone is wondering, yes, Zack is eating VERY well, as evidenced by his chins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! So adorable!!!!