Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Learning the true meaning of being flexible...and a little perspective

FLEX.I.BLE
adjective
characterized by a ready capability to adapt to new, different, or changing requirements


After having Zack, I thought I had mastered the art of flexibility, something that was definitely new for me. Today I learned there is definitely room for improvement! (haha!)

Today was my first day with no help as a mother of 2. I know all you Moms out there are laughing at me but I just don't know how you do it?! Just tell me it gets easier! Today was a day of total chaos! Up and out of bed by 7:15 with Brody fed...and somehow we still didn't get out of the house until 9:15...And somewhere between a quick cup of coffee, getting Zack dressed, changing my shirt (spit up), and changing Brody (yup you guessed it, spit up), I apparently forgot to feed Zack breakfast. Mind you, I hadn't showered and was wondering if I had even brushed my teeth this morning (luckily remembered I had). We were rushing out of the house to make sure I would get home by 10, in time to feed Brody again....ummmm, FAIL!

Zack ate 2 granola bars on the way to school after so nicely reminding me "Hey Mom, we forgot to eat breakfast"...I am so thankful for the snack stash in the glove box! Once to school, Zack again reminded me "Hey Mom, wheres my lunch box??"....DOH! We left it in the car. Back down the elevator to the parking garage, to the car to get the lunch and then back upstairs again, yea, you get it.... Well after all that, I go to pay my parking ticket and the machine is broken. Another 5 minutes....
Tic Toc Tic Toc....10am....screaming hungry baby B is ready for some food...lovely car ride home...deep breaths Jess, deep breaths! Tomorrow's another day, and a chance to redeem ourselves!


Perspective: We get home and Trace Adkins is on the TV singing "You're gonna Miss This"...amazing timing, and oh so true! I know how fast the time flies with a little one and I know I am going to miss every second of having sweet little Baby Brody in my arms. And sadly proud Big Brother Zack wont stay 3 forever.

So, yes we are tired. And yes today was rough, but at the end of the day, my unshowered self wouldn't change it for the world!




No comments: