Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Big Z-3 months old!

Big Z was 3 months old on Wednesday! I would like someone to tell me where the time goes?! I really just can't believe it! He is just getting so big everyday...makes me sad and proud all at the same time. He is really strong, and so curious, just loves looking around and taking everything in. He holds his head up so well that we are facing out in the bjorn now (or the turtle pack as Uncle Greg describes it) so he can see the world from Mommy and Daddy's perspective, rather than staring at our chests! He loves reaching for toys on his playmat, especially the ones that light up and play music! He has developed quite the personality!

Here is Aunt Janet with Zack on his "3 month day"!

Janet, Jeff's sister, is 25 weeks preggo, expecting a little boy in November. We are so excited to meet little Spencer (that's his name for now) and for Zack to have a cousin so close in age. Janet's visit was good "practice" as our little guy was not his usual happy self. He was, in fact, quite needy and quite fussy! We took his temperature twice while she was here, just making sure he didn't have a fever...that's how out of sorts he seemed. We think he had a little something going on with his tummy...he vomited a couple of times and was a bit constipated but have no fear...when he decided to finally go, we have a great story! I went to go change his diaper, and apparently we wasn't done going...yup, I totally got pooped on! All over the changing table and his cute little Calvin Klein outfit (damnit!)...so at this point Janet is already laughing at me. I was pretty calm considering...cleaned it all up, and was getting ready to put his new diaper on when, yup, you got it, he Peed EVERYWHERE...on his tummy, his face, everywhere! And then he giggled!!! So glad you find that amusing Zachary! So at this point we were 2 for 2, can't get any better right? WRONG! I get him all ready for his bath and he pukes all over! So we were 3 for 3. Welcome to motherhood Janet!!!! She did great with him and got to see that not all days are as easy as maybe my blog makes them seem. On a positive note, he is back to his happy, smiley self! He didn't cry at all yesterday until we put him down to bed (as per usual!)...

Here is Janet's little baby bump!

We are still on the hunt for a nanny. Interviewed 1 yesterday (ella no comprendo o habla englis, es muy dificul a entientamos)...I think I said she doesn't speak or understand english so it was very difficult for us to understand each other. I think it is safe to say she is out...although Zack and the dogs seemed to like her very much, so you never know. I guess the most important thing is that they love, love, love your baby...but it sure would be nice to have one that also could communicate to me what they did everyday! UGH! We are interviewing 2 tonight...one comes with very high references from a single Dad, which I am taking very seriously. I swear I get more and more picky with the more people I talk to. Cross your fingers one of the women tonight wins our hearts!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It sounds like we missed out on some fun. Poor little Zack. I am happy that he is feeling better now.