Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Difference Between Mom & Dad

I'm sure we'll have plenty of other disagreements over how Zack should behave or what he should do, but this was the 1st time we didn't see eye-to-eye.

So every day when we pick Zack up from daycare he has a report card of sorts that says what he did. Yesterdays report was normal, "talking" to the care givers, playing with toys, liked his stroller ride, smiling...and then I saw the last comment. "Zack kept taking the toys away from the other kids." Of course we had also watched him the night before grab Sydney...and he had done it that morning at daycare too.

I sent Jess a text and let her know that our son was a bully. So here's where we have differences. Jess was all worried and asking what we should do because he can't behave that way. My reaction...I laughed. I'm totally cool with him being a bully. Seriously, I think it comes from his curiousness and being aggressive will just help him get what he wants.

Aside from that, with Jess NY for work, we miss her, but at the same time, I am really enjoying the single dad routine. So Zack stays up later than normal. And Zack was probably the only baby at Jillians watching the election results (but we had to meet up with Matty Cakes). But I really enjoy getting him ready for school, taking him, picking him up, feeding him, and hanging out before bed time. It's probably the most responsibility I've ever had...and I was nervous, but this week has been great (although it is only 2 days in).

No comments: