Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween and Happy 6 Month Day Zack!

Zack had a big day today. His 6 month check up and his 1st Halloween.

First a few other updates that Jess didn't mention before.

* Zack spoke...or at least Jessie and Meghan claim he did. His 1st word was "Whoa!" He hasn't said anything since though.

* Great news...I'm fairly certain Zack is left handed. He reaches primarily with his left and throws things with his left. I'll just have to keep training him to be a leftie.

* There is a toddler at daycare that has a massive crush on "Baby Zack." At a daycare party, she sat down next to him and started petting him and then upped the ante to kissing him on the cheek a few times.

*Sadly, we are going to have to part with the snap 'n go stroller and the bucket carseat very soon as he is just getting too big for them both. The "big boy" carseat and stroller arrived today.

Alright, so back to today. Zack is recovering fine from bronchiolitis and had his 6 month check up. He's healthy, strong, tall, and skinny. He fought the nurses any time they tried to get him to do anything and he's 75th percentile on height (27 inches) and 45th percentile on weight (17 lb 4 oz). I guess this is a good sign that he won't be a midget like his dad.

He had fun at the doctor (tearing up the paper and crawling on the exam table) until he got 4 shots. I wouldn't let him watch (and I couldn't either), but he sure screamed. He has a short term memory though, as a minute later he was smiling and flirting with a nurse.

In all reality he handled his shots better than I handled my flu vaccine today. So I'm petrified of needles and pulled away from the nurse 3 times when she was about to stab me, before I finally manned up. In my defense, I think if I wasn't holding Zack and he could have gotten away, he would have.

After the doctor, Zack got to help celebrate his 1st Halloween and up to his billing as our little monkey. Here are some pics...


"Ooh-ooh, ah-ah!!!"

"What's this? A tail? Yummy!"

"Alright, let me try this crawling again."

"How the heck do I open this thing? I'm hungry."

"Alright, I'll eat my foot now." (Why are the feet on this costume so big?)

"Now I have to exercise too?"

"If only I had teeth."

"Seriously, you guys have to be kidding me. What the heck did you dress me in? Do you really find this amusing? Oh, I just went boom-boom in my diaper. Let's see how funny you think that is."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are TOO Cute. I love him. He is the best monkey ever. That's an adorable costume.

He is a big boy. I want you to know that Peyton was in her "bucket" seat until she was 13 months old. She also only weighed 18 pounds at her 1 year check up. So...Zach is huge compared to her. That is great news.

Can't wait to meet that little Monkey one day. Hopefully soon....

kel

Anonymous said...

Wow..your baby is too cute! I love the blue eyes!! Babies grow so fast. Our lil girl is already three months; weighs 14lbs and is 23.5 inches long! Yes, she like to eat.
Caren