Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

After being gone for 2 weeks, it is so nice to be home! I love my house, I love my pups, and I love my bed and my snoogle pillow!!! We all snuggled up last night in the bed for a cozy first night home...me and baby with the snoogle pillow, Sierra and Foster in the middle, and Jeff on the other side....I don't know how we all fit in a queen bed, but we did! I guess the pups will have alot of adjusting once Baby arrives!

Baby Update
We had a first this morning. At 5am baby woke me up with a strong kick to my ribs (that's not new), but shortly after that, he had the hiccups. It was pretty funny. I tried to wake Jeff up to watch my belly move up and down, but he was a sleepy head. The hiccups only lasted like a minute or so, but it was new and different. He has been very active lately, moving around alot and kicking and punching. It is definitely amusing!


So where have we been for two weeks?
First New York for work. It was my last trip before Baby so it was very very busy and a little bit stressful. My days were long, mostly all starting by 8 and continuing through until 7 or so. I was so dead and tired by Thursday, so it was perfect that I was headed home to FL Thursday night!

Baby Shower in Florida
Jeff and I met at the West Palm Beach airport Thursday night at 11pm for a weekend in sunny Florida. My sisters and My Mom threw me a Fabulous Baby shower on Saturday. It was so fun...and I gotta tell you this little guy is so lucky to already be loved by so many people! Kelly and Peyton came down from NC for the shower, Nuh came over even though she was getting married the next day, Nikki came up from Miami, Marisa and Katie, my Aunt and cousin suprprised us by showing up from Connecticut...of course I cried! And so many more. Really, it was just such a nice day. Jeff and I feel so lucky to know all of you and have you in our lives!!! Here are a couple of pics form the day...

me and Cara, the best party planner ever!!!!


cute little baby gator clothes--his closet is getting full!

Nicole and John's Wedding

Sunday we all went to Nicole and John's wedding. Nuh and I have been friends since high school and lived together for 2 years in college. She was an absolutely gorgeous bride and we had such a great time at her wedding. Her 3 year old twins were just adorable, and were the life of the party! We wish Nuh and John a lifetime of love, laughter, and continued friendship!

Yes, that's my Dad boogying down on the dance floor with me, Nicole, and Meghan! By the way, he was dancing to his favorite song, LOW by Flo-Rida!!!

Me and Nuh

Cara, Meghan, and me---Abby we we missed you!!!!

Bahamas for Babymoon!

On Monday Jeff and I left for our last vacation before the arrival of our little boy! We took the 35 minute flight over to the Bahamas for a relaxing babymoon at the Sheraton Cable Beach. We had a fabulous time realxing by the pool and drinking non alcoholic daquiries.

A few comments:

-People are so weird! I had so many random people come up and talk to me about being pregnant, having kids etc. The weirdest one was the 47 year old man from NYC who had cancer at the age of 25 and froze his sperm back then and now has impregnated his wife via invetro (after 4 tries). I am geuninuely happy for them but felt it was a little TMI to tell a random person on vacation. He went on to tell me that they will probably be on the Today show because his sperm is the oldest ever to have been fertilized.

Another wierd one was the lady who stopped me in the Bahamas (at the aiport after we landed)and asked me if I am allowed to fly. No lady I am not allowed to fly but I just got off the plane...weirdo!!!

-Some old people are so mean. I don't want to see my parents become "old people" and I don't want to get old! There was a baby on the plane from Ft. Lauderdale to the Bahamas that cried the whole trip (all 35 minutes of it)....the old people across from us (3 couples) complained the wwole time and then one of them said "kind of makes you hate babies"...Why lady? Why did you say that? I am sure she has kids and grandkids or has friends with kids and grandkids...and I just thought it was a very sad thing for her to say.

-The name game...I think I have lost all say in naming our baby. Jeff is pretty adament that his name be Hunter and has told pretty much everyone we know. He even had my family trying to convince me that it is a great name. My Dad, who never gives his opinion on anyting said he loves the name Hunter. I am not going to give up yet, but don't be surprised if our little guys name ends up being Hunter.

-I can't believe that in 10 or so weeks Jeff and I are going to be parents!!! Crazy!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

I have so much to say.

1) Aren't the hiccups interesting? I remember after I had Lorelai, I would wonder why I wasn't feeling her hiccups, because they had been so constant for so long.

2) I love that you're still on a queen bed. Kelly makes fun of JD and I for this, so at least we're not alone!

3) It sounds like y'all had an awesome trip! You needed that little "break" after your NY trip, it sounds.

4) You look awesome!!!

5) The babymoon looks awesome too. I'm glad y'all did this. We wish we would have!

6) I think every woman who has had a child can sympathize with the stupid comments you've been receiving. I suggest you write these down in his baby book. They're even funnier later. And, what sucks is it gets worse AFTER you have the baby. I have had people ask me if something is wrong with Lorelai because she wasn't talking/crawling/etc. I had to make onesies that read "I'm ONLY 6 months old!!!" It never stops. Once you get pregnant and have the baby, apparently, you're fair game!

7) My hubby wanted our child (if a boy) to be named Jaeger. (German for Hunter). Remember, though, when they see you in the hospital room, all in pain and screaming, you can get away with a lot. So, I suggest making any sudden name change then!!!

Hope that wasn't too long!

Anonymous said...

Great update! That was all iclusive :) Nuh made an amazing bride. She is gorgeous. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. How fun!

The babymoon sounds perfect. I love the shots of you in the bathing suit. You can really see your belly there!

We had a blast at your baby shower. I'm glad we were able to come. Can't wait to see you in August!

Oh, and, Rachel is right. The comments have just begun. It's amazing how people think pregnancy and babies are an open door to conversation. Ask Rachel about the time the lady did some voodoo chant to her belly!

Take care,

Kel

Lauren said...

Wow, you guys have sure been busy. I am so sorry that I wasn't able to make it down for the shower. It looks like you and your family had a nice time. Good idea taking a babymoon, I'm a big supporter and think it is a great idea before being consumed by diapers and bottles.

The only story I have about rude comments is when I was visiting my sister, we were in Trader Joe's and Audrey was just a baby, some lady in line yelled at Jen because she didn't have socks on her baby. My jaw hit the floor. Seriously people, mind your own business.

We have been packing for the big move this weekend even though the new house won't be done for a few more weeks. We are getting excited though.

Take care,
LRN

Misty said...

Hey Jessie,

You look AMAZING. I am so excited for you guys. You look so happy and fun in all your pictures. I can't believe in 10 weeks you and Jeff are the new Ma and Pa Goz...crazy to say it.

I have to admit, I have lost the invitation for Sunday's shower. I am not able to make it :( Boo on me, I stink I know. Can you please pass that along to your wonderful hostess?

Congratulations again, you look beautiful and I can't wait to meet As-yet-to-be-finally-named Baby Goslin. (I am rooting for you Jessie!)

Hugs,
Misty

Janet said...

Awwww, Jess! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Wish I could have made it down for the shower, but with the restaurant there's no way I'm getting out of here any time soon for anything! :-( Good luck with the name -- my bro can be a bit stubborn (I'm sure you know that by now though!). Hang in there! You look GREAT!!! :-)

Love you & miss you lots Woman!

--Janet