Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Funnies

I'm in a car on my way to SFO now for a quick trip to Minneapolis for work and remembered a few funny things this weekend that I had to post. I'll be back tomorrow night, but this is the 1st night I'll have spent away from Zack and Jess since he was born.


1) That's my boy! On Friday, I got up and fed Zack a 4oz bottle. Then I put him in the co-sleeper with Jess and hopped in the shower. She came in with him breast feeding 5 minutes later to ask if I had fed him (it seemed like she thought I hadn't and was kind of pissed). So he got his bottle and got back in bed and manipulated Jess into feeding him again. My boy's a genius...and a pig!

2) When I found out I had this trip, I told Zack he was going to be the man of the house and he got a massive grin and started laughing. I guess that's excitement.

3) At the BBQ yesterday, I was in the kitchen making Zack a bottle. That's when I started thinking to myself, "things have changed...I'm at a party mixing a drink and it's formula, not a flaming Dr. Pepper, not a girlie drink to get Jess hammered, not shots, nope, formula for the baby." This point was further reinforced a bit later when someone mixed up a watermelon drink with tequila in it.

Alright, time to go get my inspection for Clear (www.flyclear.com). I have my passport, I know there is fingerprinting and iris scanning involved too. I'm just hoping that the whole body cavity search thing was a joke.

1 comment:

Bo & Janet Balcomb said...

Too cute! He sounds like his daddy already! :-)

So, what's that "Clear" thing all about? Extra screening for a simple flight to Minneapolis????