Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Growth update and a first!

We had our 4 month check up today and we are proud to say:
Weight: 14 pounds 4 ounces--41st percentile
Height: 24 3/4 inches--49th percentile
Go Zack!!

Zack also had his second round of immunizations (yes, we believe in immunizing our child, if you don't, that is your thing, but please keep your comments to yourself) and he did great! He cried a little bit but was back to his happy hungry self shortly there after!

Tonight we had a first...Zack ate rice cereal for dinner with his bottle! He loved it and scarfed it down! He had an 8 ounce bottle (1 tsp rice cereal for every 2 ounces of formula) and then fell soundly to sleep (not in his crib, but that's another story for later!)...and we have officially switched over to 100% formula feeding. My body just couldn't keep up with the Little Porker's nutritional demands! It is kind of sad because BF is such a bonding experience between a Mother and her child, but at the same time, Zack is becoming a big boy and this is just one of the many steps in growing up/letting go ... again, sniff sniff, sob sob!!!! :-( I now realize why people start trying for #2 so soon...you just miss that little infant of yours!

3 comments:

Mixed Up Chromosomes said...

I can't believe Zack's already 4 months and how fast it's gone by. Everyone always says to cherish the baby months b/c it flys by so I will make sure to do that!

Lexie said...

Man, it seems so long ago when I hear about the weight, etc. I guess I will remember soon enough... I can't believe Zack is 4 months already too! Have I been snooping around your blog that long?

I don't know how you handle the immunizations (I know it can be really hard for some people), but it gets easier and better... and LESS FREQUENT! Lexie might have had one at 2 and didn't need any this year. But its much easier once they know what to expect. Not that you asked, but...

KDoug said...

He is a porker. I can't believe that's only 41% percentile. Are you sure? Peyton is 14 months old and only 21.5 pounds. That's really not much more than Zack.

You go boy with your rice cereal. We never did that. I know a lot of people who swear by it. I'm glad it worked for you.

GO Immunizations!!!! It's nice to know that Zack won't contract Wooping Cough or measels or mumps. He also won't be irresponsible and infect others with the diseases he would potentially catch without his shots. Oh...I'm sorry....you said to keep your opinions to ourselves. My bad.