Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sheer Genious!

Alright, so Jess has been giving me hell for not blogging in forever. I really didn't have any great stories to tell that she wasn't though. Now I've got one. We've talked to everyone about how Zack refuses to go to sleep and that we dread bedtime. We've argued over whether to let him "Cry It Out" or coddle him, but nothing seemed to work on our little social butterfly. I know it really upset Jess, because we were trying to get him in a routine and she has been so patient with him (beyond what either of us thought was possible), but nothing worked.

Last night Jess went to the spa for a massage and facial and when she got home she was ticked off that Zack was still awake. His bed time is 8pm and it was 7:40pm, which I pointed out. I was scolded because "his bedtime routine takes at least an hour." I protested that we were just relaxing and I'd put him to sleep. Lil' guy was down and out for the count within 10 minutes, which includes changing him and getting him ready for bed.

I was totally psyched and ready to trademark "The Goslin Method." Jess told me not to get ahead of myself thinking it was just a fluke. Then tonight after a great day up in Napa, The Goslin Method worked again! Seriously, I think I need to quit my job and write a book on this. Who would have ever thunk that ESPN, formula, and Dad were the perfect combo to get this little guy to sleep.

Now it just has to last and I need to find a publisher to give me a fat advance on the book. Send us any leads on that one.

1 comment:

KDoug said...

I congratulate you Jeff, but I would not get too cocky. Just because it worked for two nights does not mean it's a definite. That little guy will throw you for a loop in no time.