Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Baby's 1st Trip to Napa

Zack turned 1 week old today, so what better way to celebrate than sleeping in with me and a trip to Wine Country? Napa also gave us a chance to get outside and enjoy some great weather. We went Brix in Yountville in the Napa Valley. Lunch was delicious and the weather was even better (sunny and almost 80). I think Cliffy wants to move up there; however, he needs to learn a lot more about wine and "engaging in civilization" first.


Father and son (Note that since I haven't been at work in a week, I haven't been shaving. I thought that I could try to go to work tomorrow and say I am growing a beard, but Jess veto'ed that one.)


Zack with his Mom and "Bopschki" (yes that name is bizarre Mare)



After lunch, we headed over to Constentino. They were real sticklers on ID, so they didn't serve Zack. He got a little ticked off and decided he wanted to do a little tasting of his own, so Jess fed him in the car, so her trip kind of ended on a downer. Again, going out for extended trips is rough on her, so I think she needs to take it easy more.



After we got home, we gave the little guy another bath and he hated it just as much as yesterday. Just to prove how much he disliked it, he peed all over when he was getting dried off. To really drive the point home, he soiled his diaper 3 times over the next hour. OK, we get the point, but guess what, you're still going to get baths.

Right now, Jess is up resting and I'm typing with Zack on my lap and dreading having to go back to work tomorrow. It will suck not to be home with Zack and who knows how much I'll be up with him tonight too, plus the whole shaving thing too.

Remodeling Update: Getting closer. Painting will finish tomorrow and the rest of the appliances can be powered up after that. However, as of this evening, we have a cooktop, oven, microwave, hood, fridge, and of course the top priority, wine fridge operational. Dishwasher, garbage disposal, and washer/dryer to come. The bathroom is coming along shortly behind with the shower door being the big thing we're waiting on. We'll post pics when everything is done.

Holy crap, I smell a skunk. A skunk sprayed in our yard or a neighbor's yard again. I just checked the dogs and fortunately this time they did not get sprayed.

Zack is also trying to compete in the odor competition, so I will be heading upstairs to change his diaper and then try to get some rest before he wakes us up to eat. Alright, who am I kidding, I won't wake up, so it will be Jess waking up for his midnight (and 2am, and 4am) snack.

Alright, who knows how good I'll be about updating this, since I actually have a day job again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no K in Zachary...maybe Zackary. happy week and a day birthday..jeffy have fun back to work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys...I love the name Zachary

I'm starting to feel old...

Love,

Jim

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE. Great pics.

Love that he went to Napa. How funny!

kel

Bradford said...

A Goslin trying to underage drink, imagine that.