Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm Back...

Alright, someone needs to post updates, so I'm back. It's been gorgeous this week too (or as they call it on the news out here, a "severe heat warning"), so Zack has been out and about with Jess and Mare. They met me downtown for lunch one day, went to Golden Gate Park a couple times and of course hit the mall (which was in honor of New Kids On the Block who had an embarrassingly pathetic performance on Today this morning and also had a line in their new song about meeting girls at the mall...the word pedophile comes to mind since I don't think 40 year olds should pick up chicks at the mall).

Last night Mare watched Zack so Jess and I could go out on a date. We went to Park Chalet and we were shocked we hadn't been there before. We'll definitely be back. There were tons of strollers and even more dogs out on the lawn. The fact that it was 80 made it perfect...very abnormal for Ocean Beach.

This morning we had his 2 week check up and although he's eating and seems very healthy, he's still not up to his birth weight and he's shrinking. We thought we'd get told he was a porker and was over 8 pounds, but in reality he's only up to 7 pounds 8 ounces and shrank a half inch to 20". We figure the shrinking had to do with his cone head turning into a normal head. We're going back for another check up next week to make sure he's growing properly, since he's only in the 15th percentile for weight, 21st for height, but 44th for head size. The pediatrician did say he looked healthy though (definitely not malnourished) and was really strong though. Summed up, little guy got screwed and inherited my lack of height, but he's got a big brain at least and some muscles to back it up too.

Other interesting things that have happened:
- Foster is full on licking Zack, mostly feet, but he gets in a slurp on the face from time to time.
- Sierra has now started licking her new master too.
- Sierra is very protective of Zack. She went ballistic when the tile guy tried to see Zack and did it again today when the cleaning ladies were saying good bye.
- Foster just ate a moth (that literally just happened)
- We found a place Zack will sleep at times without us (his Pack N Play with the vibrating bed in it). I think it just confuses him and gets him to sleep.
- We were changing Zack earlier and Zack started peeing. I mean peeing like a fountain. It was really impressive. Downside is he hit a computer...upside, it was hilarious.
- The Havaianas I ordered Zack arrived today. Now he has flops to match his Dad, although they are twice the size of his feet.
- Zack really like farting.

I just got back a bit ago from picking up Meghan. Zack met the 1st of his aunts tonight. He slept right through it. This weekend is a big one in the city, just not very baby friendly. We'll be passing on the Beer & Oyster Festival tomorrow and probably won't make Bay to Breakers Sunday either (although next year I want to set the dogs up as sleigh dogs for Zack...and some adult beverages too).

Instead, we're going to the Giants game tomorrow night and planning to do the Zoo Sunday. I'm sure we'll also get out tomorrow during the day to enjoy the weather.

Alright, we're watching Deadliest Catch and typing with Zack on my lap is killing my back. Sorry no pictures from me, but we'll post some after the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the Reef sandals I got hm arent good enough!!! they have pirates or skulls on them..how is that not cool!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say again that I am SO impressed that you guys are out and about. A Giants game and the Zoo. WOW! I was lucky if I made it to Target let alone the Zoo (well...sometimes Target is the Zoo.) I think I might have to look into a C Section next time :)

I hope Zach starts packing on the pounds here soon. I'm sure he'll hit a growth spurt and then be at the other end of the charts. As long as he's healthy who cares what the numbers say.

Glad to get such a detailed post. Can't wait to see pics from the Zoo. Tell Meghan hello!

kel