Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Routine or coincidence?

I am happy to say that Zack has slept in his co sleeper (bassinet that attaches to the bed for my non mommy friends) 2 nights in a row! I am not sure if we are into a new routine or if it is just a coincidence, but I'll take it either way!!!! Jeff and I both slept much better not worrying about rolling over and smooshing the lil' guy...



This week has been a whirlwind...we have been desperately working on increasing my milk supply so that Zack gains some weight before his Dr. appointment on Friday. Let's just say that when you are nursing every 2.5-3 hours and pumping 4 times a day, there is not much time for anything else. I am taking "more milk plus" capsules, drinking nursing tea, and even had a beer at dinner...I am trying everything I can so I know I gave it my all before they make me supplement with formula. I'm convinced that's what they are going to tell me Friday...and I know its not the end of the world, but I'm really disappointed...I really wanted to breast feed only...but obviously his health and growing big and strong are most important!





Here are some pics of Jeff's first bottle feed (he was pretty nervous)...BTW, regarding the bottle, we had to try like 4 different bottle before we found one Zack would drink from. He is a total bottle snob...likes the Adiri bottles (who has ever even heard of these? http://www.adiri.com/)





Here is Zack with his auntie Meghan








And with mommy


2 comments:

S said...

You're doing such a great job! Breastfeeding can be a challenge but it is really worth it. I don't know what happened at your appointment, but I hope it went well. I'm hoping he's gained enough, or maybe you'll just have to supplement a little.

Hang in there, it does get easier!

Suzi

KDoug said...

That Nanny looks like she's fitting right in. It must be nice for Zack to have another chest to rest on :) go Megs!