Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Baby Update

In my 38th week of pregnancy and measuring at 38 weeks...so that's good.I owe you a picture because I am just huge...gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks...yikes!
The doctor says that's a good thing...whatever!!! :-)



My doc is on vacation this week so we saw a different doctor today (yes, we....Jeff is home this week...it was so nice to have him at the doc with me!). She was really nice and told us the same old same old...the baby is really really low...she seemed surprised by how low he is and showed us where he would normally be at this time. Then we went through the whole labor thing again, when to call, when to go to the hospital etc. She reminded us he can come any day now. Jeff is still hoping for a cinco de mayo baby, but I dunno...that's a ways away! She estimated that the baby is a "medium sized baby" probably about 8 pounds.



That's the story...

7 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

I fulfilled my tagging duties. :-)

Glad everything is going well with the baby! You can't ask for more than that!

Lorelai was 8 lb 15 oz and Peyton was 9lb 6, right Kelly? Let's see if you can beat those!!!!

S said...

Yay! It's almost time! Rachel, do you really want the poor girl to beat those? ;)


Sounds like he's a perfect size, just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet you have now.

Suzi

Lauren said...

It is getting so close!! I am excited for you guys and I hope to hear the happy phone call soon that he has arrived. :)

Anonymous said...

THey really consider medium 8 lbs? Yikes! I think that's big. I would say medium is 7 lbs. I know 1 lb doesn't seem like much, but it is!

Sounds like you're right on track. It's crazy to think any day now. I really don't think you're going to go all the way to Cinco de Mayo, but we'll see.

Love ya,

Kel

Anonymous said...

I was born on Cinco De Mayo !! Gotta love May Babies !! Good luck with everything. Logan just turned 5 months this week !! Enjoy and Best Wishes.. xoxo Lisa

Cynthia Badiey said...

Just make sure you're packed and ready to go...now! Cami arrived 10 days early. It was the day after I saw my ob/gyn, who told me that he was really low and was going to be a big baby. The next day I went to get my nails down (and a bikini wax, because yes, I'm that kind of gal); that night, I was lying in bed reading when my water broke at about 12:30am. Thank God we had our bags packed. Cami arrived at 11:32 that morning (yes, labor less than 12 hours), and was 8lbs., 2.5 oz. The other advice I can give you is: GET THE EPIDURAL. Best invention EVER.

Let us know if you need anything, like our copies of "Happiest Baby on the Block" and "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child," which will be come your bibles.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Jessie - hope to hear the exciting news SOON – you are glowing Jess – look terrific – you will love being a MOM – Hugs - Aunt Linda Hajjar