Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

He's Early!


Special Guest Blogger - Jeff

So this morning I was downstairs waiting on a call and Jess hollered to me. I responded, heard nothing back and figured she was just checking to see if I was still home. Came up to get dressed for work and she was out of bed and in the shower well before her normal wake-up time (it was about 10 to 8). I was about ready to head out when Jess came out of the shower and said she woke up because her water broke (at 7:45am). What?!?!

So we were both confused and had no idea what to do. I said I should probably work from home today rather than going to the office. Didn't even cross my mind we should head to the hospital STAT, because baby prep class made me feel like we had a good half day before anything would happen. Jess called the hospital and they said come on in to get checked out. We were moving in slow motion getting out of the house in no hurry. Told the carpenter we were going to have the baby and good luck with the rest of the crown molding and base boards.

On the way here, we called the Deeks to see if they would help with the pups tonight and called the contractor to say we couldn't meet him at the house at 1. I texted a bunch of people to let them know baby was coming. I liked the responses from my jack ass friends that she would have to hold her legs shut until May 5th. To answer your question, no they won't be able to keep him in for 5 days (I mean, not that I asked...).

At the hospital, they ran some tests and kind of made it sound like it may have been a false alarm. When the results came back, they said we were staying and she was moving right into active labor like clockwork (which apparently is rare).

She at 4.5cm now (needs to get to 10 before he comes out) and baby is getting lower (-2 now). Next check up will be in a couple hours. Pain started getting worse so she ordered up the epidural (got it at 11:45am), which I fortunately was not in the room to see (had to go grab lunch and besides me passing out would have been a bad thing). She's much more comfortable, so now we're debating names...still can't agree. Also, I think she's going miss her scheduled 2pm doctors appointment today.

2 comments:

S said...

Woo hoo, he's almost here. Best wishes for an easy delivery! Thanks for keeping us updated Jeff. :)

Suzi

Cynthia Badiey said...

My gosh, this sounds almost exactly like what happened to us (although it happened to us at 12:30am, so you lucked out).
Cindi